Advanced Open Water Certification
We specialize in private and semi-private scuba instruction to make sure you leave with the best scuba training and experience.
That’s the SD Expeditions difference.
Monthly scheduled scuba classes with a maximum of 5 students can be found on our calendar. If you are looking for additional flexibility with your classes, please contact us for a private scuba class.
Just completed your Open Water Class? Now it’s time to move on to Advanced Open Water diving.The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to a variety of specialties.
12 years old and open water certified
15 hours self study + 6 open water dives (3 days)
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically 60-100 feet)
- A sampler of three more Adventure Dives of your choice
- Practical aspects and physiological effects of deep diving
- How to navigate using kick-cycles, visual landmarks and time
- How to better use your underwater compass, dive computer and electronic Recreational Dive Planner